Fashion icon Vivian Brown, one of the beloved San Francisco twins, has died at age 85 after suffering complications from a fall last July.
Vivian, and twin sister Marian, became icons of San Francisco over the last 40 years. Best known for their matching outfits and hairdos, the twins shined in several commercials including Reebok, IBM, Virgin Atlantic Airlines, AT&T, Dell Computer, Atachi, Apple Computer, Joe Boxer shorts and Payless Drug Stores. They also appeared in a variety of television shows and films.
Did you know?
- The twins were born in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Vivian was the older twin by 8 minutes.
- Richard Branson once flew the twins to London for Virgin Atlantic and took them shipping at Harrods.
- The twins appeared in a variety of skateboard films as icons of San Francisco's Embarcadero Center.
- The twins lingerie even matched.
Did you meet the twins? Let us know - Share your story below.