Besides travel, Mrs. S’s calendar was full with activities and personal hobbies:
- She was in the process of building a large family historical cookbook database.
- Refusing to watch commercials, she recorded all her favorite television programs on TiVo so she could watch them later and forward through the ads.
- She was also working on filling up her new Ipod with music – a free gift she got from opening a new account at her bank.
- She was a speed-reader and could read several books in one sitting.
- She used a travel points credit card and got many of her flights for free (including the one I met her on.)
- She loved to cook, but as she lived alone, she made use of the large meals by breaking them into smaller portions and freezing them for later meals.
- She ran a birthday club in her hometown.
- On top of all this she made time to meet friends and dine, attend musicals or plays, films and concerts.
All content © Village Memorial. 2009-2010.